Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bend in the road........

Following my decision not to continue with Bubba's Coast 2 Coast bicycle tour on March 21, I was a bit bummed for a couple of days. I so enjoy bicycle touring, mostly self contained, and the group of riders were a joy, but I couldn't see myself being content with some of the circumstances which troubled me and over which I had no control. Any way later that week Pam mentioned it was soon time for her semiannual trip to WV for a visit with her Mom, not only that but a certain little lady named Lillian, whom recently entered the world in Arlington Va, was tuggin' at her heart.


It seemed apparent to me, sharp as a whip am I, that a one week trip was turning into two. Those who know me well will tell ya that I don't get on very well when Pam's away, spoiling me as she does. (I once tried to boil a pot of water, scorched it, gave up.) Altogether now.......sigh. LOL.......In any event, I was kind of jazzed for a trip, so I suggested we do a road trip east and visit the whole fam damley. Pam likes car trips and quickly agreed, so this afternoon about three, we, Pam, Bridger & I, pulled out of Sun City crusin' east, with visits planed in TN, WV, VA, NC, before turning for home. In route we are going to try to rediscover old US highway 66, just for kicks, (sorry, I couldn't resist) the storied "Mother Road" of legend and lore, a highway I travelled as a boy with my Mom, Dad & sister Carol, in 61, 63 & 65. It should be fun remembering those childhood memories, and the boy I use to be, as we see what's become of that historic highway. So it goes.

Location:Las Cruces NM

No comments:

Post a Comment